Description of role
The role’s main objective is determining the requirements of our projects, and communicating them clearly to the project stakeholders; primarily the developers, product owners, and clients, helping to define innovative solutions to business problems as part of the team. The role will also involve managing the backlog of requirements, working with the team to decide priorities and workload.
As an Agile Business Analyst at Remote, your day will involve:
- Being a part of the Scrum team, working closely with the product owners and developers.
- Working with the Scrum Master/ scrum team to write individual user stories and acceptance criteria that are clear, concise, and easy to understand and implement/test by the development team.
- Stocking and maintaining the product backlog
- Creating user stories based on feature and change requests
- Defining acceptance criteria for user stories
- Working with the Product Owner to manage the product planning and product roadmap
- Capturing product requirements from strategy and clarity workshops
- Assisting the Scrum Master in facilitating sprint planning sessions, reviews, and retrospectives.
Key Skills required
- 2+ years of functional experience as a business analyst on projects focused on Agile software development.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication, problem-solving, organisational and diplomatic skills
- Understanding of the business area that the project is involved with, including key business processes and metrics
- Ability and willingness to work on and manage simultaneous projects
- Expertise in conceptual modeling; ability to see the big picture and envision possible solutions
- Ability to translate understanding of the business process improvement needs into software solutions requirements
- Ability to facilitate a team to consensus on scope, design decisions, and implementation decisions
- Ability to ask strong questions to help the team see areas that may lead to problems
- Ability to document requirements formally or informally depending on the needs of the project
- Experience in Agile/Scrum and in supporting Agile efforts
- Familiarity with Agile requirements techniques such as user stories, use cases, and informal modeling.
- English language fluency
- All visas required for long term work in the UK
- References for your accomplishments as a designer
Perks of Joining Our Team
Remote is based in the center of Shrewsbury, one of the finest market towns in England. Our remuneration package includes competitive salaries and above-law benefits, including 32 paid days off per year (*plus your birthday!) and a great company pension.
We invest in your career development with the tools, kit and learning opportunities you need to be the best designer and team member you can be to move your skills to the next level.
Our core values guide and influence everything we do:
- Support - We are in it together and have the good of the company, our clients and the wider community at heart;
- Mastery - We aim to reach the highest standards, personally and professionally and share knowledge to create an environment of learning and growth
- Purpose - We celebrate purpose; it makes us stronger, gives work meaning and direction as individuals and as organisations;
- Impact - We are committed to ground-breaking work that makes a meaningful contribution to the world.
We provide an open, friendly and collaborative working environment, where teammates solve challenges together, share knowledge, present to each other on emerging trends in technology and self-development.
And of course, bean-to-cup coffee and snacks will keep you fuelled while you work side-by-side with other talented, committed, enthusiastic team members.
If this sounds like a team that you’d like to join…We'd love to hear from you.
Please send your CV to [email protected] with any info that might be helpful for getting a feel for you as a person and as a Business Analyst.
Remote operate a program of continuous recruitment and are always looking for talent to join our team, so if you don't see what you're looking for, we still want to hear from you.
No Recruitment Agencies, please.
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK.
Job Position: Full time, Permanent.