Description of role
Since 1999, Remote have been building custom software systems and online applications for clients all over the world, from our office in Shrewsbury.
We specialise in workflow, automation and business process management, complimenting these services with customer facing websites and mobile apps.
We prefer to work with ‘Purpose-Driven’ companies that are actively working to make a positive impact in the world.
We believe that our success starts and ends with our team. We aim to inspire our people and provide a connection to how what we do has a larger impact on our clients, their teams, and their communities.
The great thing about joining a growing company is that there are lots of opportunities to learn, and directions for your career to grow, which will depend on your interests, what you excel at, and what you aspire to be.
Our core values guide and influence everything we do:
- Support - We are in it together and have the good of the company, our clients and the wider community at heart;
- Mastery - We aim to reach the highest standards, personally and professionally and share knowledge to create an environment of learning and growth
- Purpose - We celebrate purpose; it makes us stronger, gives work meaning and direction as individuals and as organisations;
- Impact - We are committed to ground-breaking work that makes a meaningful contribution to the world.
At Remote, you’ll get to:
- Be part of a talented, supportive, and ambitious team
- Work with the latest technologies, tools and kit
- Work on a large variety of different projects in a wide range of industries
- Develop, test, debug, and document custom mobile apps and online applications, both legacy and greenfield
- Structure code to make it efficient and easy to maintain
- Decide with your team members when you’ll pair-program, and when you’ll create code independently
- Follow best practices, like test-driven development, refactoring and continuous integration
- We encourage and actively improve our BDD, DDD, KISS, DRY principles, as well as REST, scaling systems, micro-services and more recently code generation.
- We follow Scrum ceremonies and actively improve our processes in an collaborative environment
- Work with team leads or management to review and create functional specifications
- Build positive internal and external working relationships
What You Bring to Our Team:
- Strong object-oriented programming skills
- An understanding of common architecture patterns, unit testing and refactoring code
- Attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- A passion for learning
- An openness to share knowledge with others about what you have learned
- A natural curiosity for new platforms and tools
- Willingness to pick up the phone to our clients, take part in meetings and attend to their support requests
- The recognition that it’s important to refactor on an ongoing basis and care for the codebase of our projects
Skills that will give you an advantage:
React, Less/SASS, TDD, GIT, .NET Core, ORM’s, Azure, Xamarin, Responsive development, Umbraco
- English language fluency
- Full visas required for long term work in the UK
- References for your accomplishments as a developer
Perks of Joining Our Team
Remote is based in the center of Shrewsbury, one of the finest market towns in England. Our remuneration package includes competitive salaries and above-law benefits, including 32 paid days off per year (*plus your birthday!) and a great company pension.
We invest in your career development with the tools, kit and learning opportunities you need to be the best developer and team member you can be to move your skills to the next level.
We provide an open, friendly and collaborative working environment, where teammates solve challenges together, share knowledge, present to each other on emerging trends in technology, software engineering and self-development.
And of course, bean-to-cup coffee and snacks will keep you fuelled while you work side-by-side with other talented, committed, enthusiastic team members.
If this sounds like a team that you’d like to join…We'd love to hear from you.
Please send your CV to [email protected] with any info that might be helpful for getting a feel for you as a person and as a developer, like a Github profile, a link to your blog or Stack Overflow account.
Remote operate a program of continuous recruitment and are always looking for talent to join our team, so if you don't see what you're looking for we still want to hear from you.
No Recruitment Agencies, please.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent