Are you bored of working on the same application day-in-day out? Do you feel you have little opportunity to learn and embrace new technologies and ways of working?
If you find the idea of working collaboratively on a variety of quality software projects in a team-oriented environment exciting. If you are inspired to learn, collaborate and grow, be creative, and use great tools and new kit. Then come join us!
Remote helps remarkable teams achieve meaningful work by creating great software that drives business transformation.
We believe our success starts and ends with our team. We aim to inspire our people and provide a connection to how what we do has a larger impact on our clients, their teams, and their communities.
We are looking for the brightest minds who want to make an impact. We recruit and retain top talent because we believe that building a strong team is the only way to accomplish our vision.
We’re experiencing a period of sustained growth, so are looking for C# .NET developers to join us here in our Shrewsbury office.
An ideal candidate will have an immediate positive impact within our team, collaborating to design, develop, and test exemplary software for our clients.
The great thing about joining a growing company is that there are lots of opportunities to learn, and directions for your career to grow, which will depend on your interests, what you excel at, and what you aspire to be.
Our core values guide and influence everything we do. We’re looking for people who embody the four values of Remote’s company culture:
You know that ideas are important to everyone, and value input from all members of the team;
You hold yourself to the highest standards, personally and professionally;
You have the desire to continually improve, to be your best self;
You are inspired to learn, collaborate and grow, be creative, and contribute ground-breaking work that makes a difference in the world.
You'll get to
- Work with the latest technologies, tools and kit
- Develop, test, debug, and document custom apps and applications, legacy and greenfield
- Care for the health of the codebase
- Structure code to make it efficient and easy to maintain
- Design and code independently on a variety of projects
- Have a natural curiosity for new platforms and tools, and enthusiasm for exploring how they might be useful
- Be motivated about developing (or learning to develop) for mobile devices
- Follow best practices, like test-driven development, pair programming, refactoring and continuous integration
- Exercise good judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine the right action
- Work with team leads or management to review and create functional specifications
- Commit to honest collaboration
- Build productive internal and external working relationships
- Pick up the phone to our clients and take part in meetings, confidently supporting their needs
What you'll bring to our team
- Hands-on development and delivery experience with .NET (C#)
- A solid understanding and hands-on experience with SQL Server
- An understanding of Test-Driven development, unit testing and refactoring code
- English language fluency
- References for your accomplishments as a developer
- The ability to quickly investigate, learn and deliver technical solutions
- The ability to master new development tools
- A passion for learning
- A track record of regularly meeting delivery estimates set by technical lead
- Initiative to share knowledge with others about what you have learned
- Strong communication and documentation skills
What will give you an advantage
Experience with: MVC, TDD, GIT, .NET Core, ORM’s, Azure, Xamarin, Responsive development, Umbraco
Perks of Joining Our Team
Do your best work and enjoy doing it – we'll take care of the rest!
Remote is based in the center of Shrewsbury, one of the finest market towns in England. Our remuneration package includes competitive salaries and above-law benefits, including 32 paid days off per year (*plus your birthday!) and a great company pension.
We invest in your career development with the tools, kit and learning opportunities you need to be the best developer and team member you can be to move your skills to the next level. Most of our team attend conferences and industry events at least once a year.
We provide an open, friendly and collaborative working environment - with weekly learning lunch sessions where teammates solve challenges, share knowledge, present on emerging trends in technology, software engineering and self-development.
And of course, bean-to-cup coffee, fresh organic fruit and snacks will keep you fuelled while you work side-by-side with other talented, committed, enthusiastic team members.
If this is you...
We'd love to hear from you. Please drop an email to [email protected] with your CV and any info that might be helpful for getting a feel for you as a person and as a developer, like a github profile, a link to your blog or Stack Overflow account.
The closing date for applications is Friday 18th May 2018, so get in touch!
Remote operate a program of continuous recruitment and are always looking for talent to join our team, so if you don't see what you're looking for we still want to hear from you. Submit a general inquiry to [email protected]
No Recruitment Agencies, please.