Description of role
Your core responsibilities would include designing UX flows, wire-frames and interface designs for mobile and desktop applications and websites, as well as taking part in client workshops to gather user requirements such as user journeys and pain points.
What you'll bring to our team
- A user-centred approach to their work by applying UX techniques and processes
- A high degree of creativity, attention to detail, and problem solving ability
- Eager and passionate about producing high quality work
- Eager to keep on top of industry trends and web development technologies
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- A bright, innovative, ambitious and collaborative individual who approaches work with curiosity and integrity
- A team player who takes personal ownership of assigned tasks, yet is able to collaborate and work effectively with colleagues and clients
- Able to work to project requirements and delivery deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable with a persistent drive to learn new skills and constantly improve
- An openness to share knowledge with others about what you have learned
- knowledge of web standards, technologies, and terminology
- Proven experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role with a website portfolio, Dribbble or Behance
- Proficiency in Sketch, Invision, Illustrator. Experience using InDesign would be an advantage, but is not essential
- 3 - 5 years minimum of UI/UX experience
- Experience designing websites for Mobile, Tablet, and Desktop.
What could set you apart
- A portfolio of beautiful, clean, UX-optimised application interface designs
- HTML/CSS abilities
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects or similar
- English language fluency
- All visas required for long term work in the UK
- References for your accomplishments as a designer
Perks of Joining Our Team
Remote is based in the center of Shrewsbury, one of the finest market towns in England. Our remuneration package includes competitive salaries and above-law benefits, including 32 paid days off per year (*plus your birthday!) and a great company pension.
We invest in your career development with the tools, kit and learning opportunities you need to be the best designer and team member you can be to move your skills to the next level.
Our core values guide and influence everything we do:
- Support - We are in it together and have the good of the company, our clients and the wider community at heart;
- Mastery - We aim to reach the highest standards, personally and professionally and share knowledge to create an environment of learning and growth
- Purpose - We celebrate purpose; it makes us stronger, gives work meaning and direction as individuals and as organisations;
- Impact - We are committed to ground-breaking work that makes a meaningful contribution to the world.
We provide an open, friendly and collaborative working environment, where teammates solve challenges together, share knowledge, present to each other on emerging trends in technology and self-development.
And of course, bean-to-cup coffee and snacks will keep you fuelled while you work side-by-side with other talented, committed, enthusiastic team members.
If this sounds like a team that you’d like to join…We'd love to hear from you.
Please send your CV to [email protected] with any info that might be helpful for getting a feel for you as a person and as a developer, like a Github profile, a link to your blog or Stack Overflow account.
Remote operate a program of continuous recruitment and are always looking for talent to join our team, so if you don't see what you're looking for, we still want to hear from you.
No Recruitment Agencies, please.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent